Google defines a “Life hack” as a strategy or technique that is used to manage time and daily activities in a more effective and efficient way. As someone who’s super lazy and likes to take the hassle out of the mundane in life, I use life hacks all the time. I mean, it makes sense…if something can be done in a faster and easier way, then why not! Here are some really cool and helpful life hacks that can help improve your way of living.
1. Bananas! Not just a delicious fruit. Bananas have the ability to reduce the swelling and irritation caused by mosquito bites AND reduce nicotine cravings!
2. Here are a few words to live by: If you’re the smartest person in the room, then you’re in the wrong room…unless you’re the only person IN the room. Then we recommend that you go out and make some friends!
3. Microwaves can be used for more than just heating up your food. Get more juice out of your limes by tossing them into the microwave for 30 seconds and see how the results differ! This can be done oranges, lemons etc. as well! Try this hack with different fruit, and let us know how it went!
4. Splinters are annoying as hell. They get stuck in there, and you have to use a pin to dig it out and it hurts….ugh! Well, try this instead. Mix baking soda and water to make a paste, then apply it to the area where the splinter went in and watch the magic happen!
5. If your coughing is out of control and need it to stop, just raise your hands above your head and viola! No more coughing! We don’t know how it works, but it does!
6. You had a fun night, went out for drinks, you didn’t plan it but you got SMASHED! Uh oh! Now comes the dreaded hangover! Well, if you drink one glass of water for every glass of alcohol you had to drink, you can avoid the splitting headache and sickness associated with hangovers.
7. Coffee too hot? Don’t put ice cubes and dilute your coffee with water! That’s just wrong and should be illegal all over the world! Instead, put milk, cream and coffee in an ice tray and freeze. When you make coffee and its too hot, just use these “coffee cubes” to cool that hot beverage down!
8. No.2 pencils are commonly associated with exams and tests. However, you can use it as dice. Just give each side a number from 1-6 and roll away!
9. STOP! Put down that Gatorade/Powerade! The so called, energy drinks, are only good for you if you drink them DURING the workout. If you drink them after the workout then you’re just taking in sugar and unwanted calories!
10. Trouble sleeping? Afraid that you might be an insomniac? Rapidly blink your eyes for a minute, and sleep like a baby! The blinking tires your eyes making going to sleep easier an easier process.
11. Lost your keys? Can’t find your phone? Try scanning the room right to left with your eyes. Your eyes are used to reading from left to right, and will catch anything that looks out of place.
12. We all have that one friend who borrows something and never returns it. You forget they have your favorite DVD and it gets lost in time and memory. Well, use your cellphone camera to take a picture of your friend holding the object that they are borrowing. You’ll never forget who took your DVD again!
13. We all get that bout of depression. Fight sadness by eating oatmeal, cereal, salmon, milk, dark chocolates, and bananas!
14. Knowing what you eat is an integral part of staying healthy and fit. Read labels of the items that you’re about to buy to see what exactly goes into making your favorite product. Remember, “made with 100%” is not the same as “made from 100%”.
15. Another deep “words to live by moment”. If you lend someone $20 and never see them again, it was worth the $20.
16. When you feel like you need something but can’t figure out what it is, it’s probably water.
17. This one is for all the people who live in a hot climate. You’re heading home from work. You get in the car and you put your hands on the steering wheel, and the insane heat almost melts your skin off. Next time, when you park, turn your steering wheel 180 degrees before parking. This way, when you come back, you can just spin the wheel and have a relatively cool steering wheel to put your hands on.
18. Ever need to sneeze but the timing is inappropriate? Well, next time you feel a sneeze coming on, press the roof of your mouth watch it disappear.
19. Need to test if your printer works? Print the google home page and save your ink.
20. Watching a movie in a theatre is a commitment. Once that movie begins, it is almost impossible to find the time to go to the bathroom. RunPee solves the problem. This app tells you the best time to run to the washroom, do your business and come back before you miss anything important.
21. Can’t get people to focus on what you’re saying? Start with “I shouldn’t be telling you this but…” and see how they pay attention.
22. Don’t you hate it when you get that song stuck in your head? Can’t get it out of your mind? Listen to the song from beginning to end. People tend to remember incomplete things. This is known as the Zeigarnik Effect.
23. Listening to music reduces the chance of getting a brain tumor.
24. The key to success is happiness. If you really love what you’re doing, you’ll be happy doing it, thus making you give your best.
25. Best way to beat depression is to either spend time in the gym, or spend time with your pets.
26. Want to buy jeans but can’t find a place to try it on? You can tell whether the jeans will fit by trying them on by putting the waistline around your neck.
27. Vodka + Candy in a container = PARTY SNACKS!!
28. Statistics show that in a game of rock paper scissors, men usually choose rock and women usually play scissors.
29. Do you hear your name, but no one actually called you? Don’t worry, you’re not crazy. On the contrary, this fact signifies a healthy mind.
30. Hunger makes you focus better.
31. Typing the airplane flight number in google shows you where exactly that airplane is.
32. Happiness is contagious. Surround yourself with happy people and see how awesome your day goes by.
33. Chipotle hack! Ask for a Quesarito. They will rap your burrito in a cheese quesadilla instead of a normal one.
34. If don’t have the money for tipping the waiter, then you don’t have money to buy the meal.
35. Writing something you’ve memorized is the same as reading it seven times.
36. Vitamin B is the best thing to repel insects. They don’t like the way it smells.
37. When nothing is going the way you want it to, the best thing to do is go to sleep.
38. If you get a call from your bank’s fraud department, hang up and call them back. If the call was authentic, they will pick up again. If not, then consider that bullet dodged.
39. When taking a picture of someone else, take a few pictures without telling them. Candid shots are sometimes better than posed.
40. Foods that will boost your metabolism: Water, Turkey, Avocado, Spinach, Apples, Cinnamon, Beans, Soy Milk, Coffee, Broccoli, Green Tea, Almonds, Oatmeal, Grapefruit and yogurt.
41. Drinking enough water in the morning will make you feel happier, sharper and more energetic.
42. Holding a drink at the belly button level makes you look more confident at gatherings.
43. Add a small amount milk when reheating Mac & Cheese to prevent it from hardening.
44. Always have a few bottles of water stashed away in your car. You never know when you might be stranded.
45. If someone wants to see a photo on your phone, open the photo app from your lock screen. That way they won’t be able to access the rest of your phone.
46. Smoking one cigarette affects your healing abilities for two weeks!
47. At places that offer timed free Wi-Fi, clear your cookies and register again to start using the Wi-Fi again!
48. Hotel bathrooms are WAAAAY cleaner than gas station bathrooms
49. Checking your coat at the coat check? Take a picture of the ticket, incase you lose it.
50. Bring a stale bagel back to life by running it under water and popping it in the oven for 5 minutes at 350 degrees